West Bridgford, 2 miles away from this Food Assembly
Black Beer Cheese Sesame, Peanut Satay, Chipotle Garlic Lime
Black Beer Cheese and Sesame
Bex, Shona And Kim
Food Assembly organiser
Welcome to Nottingham Food Assembly, putting 'super' back into supermarket.
We offer local, sustainable produce with all the convenience of online click & collect shopping, combined with the opportunity to meet the producers & shake the hand that feeds you.
Order online through the website then come along to pick up your fresh produce at our weekly collection on Thursdays, 6-7:30pm at Primary Studios, Seely Road near Canning Circus..
All sales are in advance through this website which minimises wastage as all the food producers know in advance exactly how much to prepare.
We also have delicious meals available to buy and eat on the night prepared by Small Food Bakery using local produce.
~3 Reasons to shop this way, other than the taste:
1. Fresh Food baked, bottled, harvested or roasted on the day you collect it and without additional preservatives or additives.
2. Support Local Businesses as over 90p of every £1 you spend stays in the local economy and the farmer receives over 83% of the takings (yet only 20-40% from the supermarket).
3. Tip-top Quality since all producers are carefully vetted. Our famers know first-hand that the care they give their land and animals results in the quality of produce you on your dinner table. Our food-makers source ingredients and packaging ethically, organically and locally as far as humanly possible.
~How do I shop?~
• Each week use your computer, tablet or iPhone app to order and pay securely online.
• The online shop is open from Friday midnight on Tuesday
• Wednesdays and Thursdays your orders are being harvested, baked, bottled and roasted.
• Thursday evenings, 6-7:30pm, come and collect your delicious food.
• Bring your Order Number as your proof of purchase.
• Bring reusable bags.
• Walk around the farmers’ stalls picking-up your local produce and asking any questions you may have.
• Enjoy the weekly cooking demos in the kitchen and short films.
• Thursday Collections are open to all. Come and meet us before you shop if you like.
~Where is the Collection?~
• Primary Studios, Seely Road, NG7 1NU, on the corner of Ilkeston Road, near Canning Circus.
• We strongly encourage you to walk, cycle, or use public transport to the collection
• Car parking is limited on Seely Road, and residents only until after 6pm. You can also park in the bus lane on Ilkeston Road.
• The front door has several steps; the accessible entrance is on Seely Road further along the brick wall and in the direction going away from Ilkeston Road; there are no accessible toilets on site.
On this website you can buy:
• fresh vegetables grown with minimal or no artificial pesticides or fertilisers
• milk (pasteurised and raw) and cheese
• fresh bread
• eggs from freely-ranging chickens
• meat such as lamb, goat and organic beef, pork and chicken
• superb sustainably and wild caught fish selection boxes
• fresh ready-to-eat convenience meals
• raw honey
• freshly roasted coffee
• tasty vegetarian and non-veggie home cooking
• vegan baking and savoury meals
• coldpressed rapeseed oil
• ethically-sourced handmade chocolates
The Nottingham Food Assembly - combining the ease of online shopping while accessing delicious local produce and keeping small-scale farmers in business. A true super-market!
We look forward to meeting you on Thursday evenings.
Wishing you happy local food shopping,
Bex, Kim, & Shona
• Follow @NottsFoodAssemb
• Join us at facebook.com/Nottin.. • Winner of the 2016 Environmental Business of the Year Award courtesy of the Nottingham Post and The Wildlife Trusts.
Why join The Food Assembly?
Eat the most delicious and freshest food in your area. Locally sourced and more transparent, the average distance of food travelled is only 28 miles!
No commitment to buy and joining is free. Sharing recipes and cooking tips with your neighbours is just an extra bonus.
Our food producers are passionate about growing and making your food, that's why we pay them over 80% for their work, in comparison to 20-50% from supermarkets.
We are about real people and real food: when you pick up your order, you get to connect with your community and food in a healthier way.